Friday, February 13, 2009

Last bit about HVAC

Tallahassee green home construction update number 1,056.

Who would have thought that I could talk this much about our heating and air?!

To the right is a picture of the ductwork. My sub used round metal ducting wrapped in insulation for the main trunk lines. Hopefully you can notice that he also applied mastic to the connections. This is much better than just applying tape to the joints. Eventually the tape will degrade and air will leak between the joints. No so with the mastic applied.

Ok switching gears, we have most of the foundation veneered in brick. I am super happy with our choice of brick and mortar. I decided to pull the brick out under the columns to break up the front wall. I think it will work well. Which leads me to my plea. Let me know what you think. I'm tired of being the only one talking here. Whether I know you or not, I would love to hear from you on here. Give me suggestions. Tell me where I've stated something wrong. Tell me how I can make this house more green. Thanks and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment